We are very excited about our Mexicali Trip this year! Here are some details you should be aware of as we prepare to leave.
• We leave for Mexicali Saturday, April 8. Please be at the HS Room at 7:30 AM.
(Parking for parents will be in the upper lot; the lower lot will be for Mexicali vans only. If you need overnight parking, please park in the small lot near the baseball cages.)
- 7:30AM– Check-in and Load gear. Students should wear Mexicali shirt and MUST be carrying their passport. They will need to show passport at check-in and to the drivers in vans before departure.
- 8:00AM– Time of Commissioning and Prayer
- 8:15AM– Bathroom & Load up the vans
- 8:30AM– Leave for Mexicali!!!
• Communication with us while in Mexicali.
- We will be sending a daily text update. If you would like to receive these daily texts, please email Kristen Reyes, KristenR@rdf,org, the following information and we will add you to the list:
• Cell Phone Number
• Cell Carrier (Ex: Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- If you have an after hours emergency while we are gone please:
Call our Church Office(714.528.0607) and leave a message for our Pastor on Call, who will contact us in Mexicali.
• We will return from Mexicali on Friday, April 14 at approximately 2:00 pm. We will text you that morning with a more exact time.
• Student Medications: If your child is on prescription medications you can:
• Allow your child to administer it to themselves, if you trust that will happen.
• Give the medications to their team leader who will administer them each day.
• Please talk to your child’s team leader the morning that we leave to communicate your preference.
• Spending Money:
- Students will need money for lunch during our ride to Mexico on Saturday and lunch during our ride back home on Friday. We will be stopping for fast food on those rides. Sometimes it is helpful to put the money for those meals in separate envelopes to ensure that students save enough money to buy lunch on the way home.
- There is a small market by our camp that has some local gifts for sale (ponchos, blankets, churros, etc.), and occasionally teams stop at the local Walmart, or fast food for a quick snack.
Thank you for praying with us about Mexicali 2017! Please contact us in the church office if you have any other questions.
High School Pastor | Rose Drive Friends Church