REACH is coming! We have dedicated August as our REACH: LOCAL month. Over the course of August, we will make a concentrated effort to “reach” to a few of our local community impact partners. Each week, we will highlight a partner and the way they “reach” into the lives of people, as well as share ways we can serve and give.
Friends With Global Students connects Americans with international students from Cal State Fullerton who are away from home and family, and are in need of American friends. The connections that are formed provide unique opportunities to talk about our faith in Christ.
- This week: Partner with your life group or other friends to buy a bed for a global student who doesn’t have one. (We have a wholesale contact who is offering beds and bed frames for $160 each. Every amount helps us to provide a bed!) Please click here to give towards the purchase of a bed.
- On-going serve opportunity: Become an American Friend to a Global Student. Visit the tent on the patio or contact Linda LeFuevre at email@example.com.
Solidarity, our local partner, provides a wide array of services such as after school programming, teen mentoring, and adult English classes in low income areas, all with the intent of transforming communities by engaging and empowering Christ followers to serve and love others.
- This week: We have the opportunity to donate school supplies to support Solidarity’s after school programs. Bring your school supplies next week and help us “Stuff the Bus.” For a list of suggested items, click here.
- On-going serve opportunity: Tutor at one of Solidarity’s afterschool programs in low income areas of Fullerton. For more info contact Jay Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the tent on the patio.
Canning Hunger’s mission is to fight against hunger in America by supporting local food banks, food pantries, emergency shelters, soup kitchens and more.
- This week: Join us in supporting their efforts by filling a bag with canned goods. Invite your neighbors to help and bring the filled bags back next week because “Hunger Doesn’t Go On Vacation.” For a list of suggested food donations, please click here.
- On-going serve opportunity: Volunteer at the RDFchurch Food Pantry (supplied in part by Canning Hunger.) We need volunteers from 8-9AM on Saturday mornings to set up; and on Wednesdays 4-5:30PM and Saturdays 9-10:30AM to serve. Sign up at the tent on the patio or contact Bob Weidler at (714) 336-2051.