There are many ways to volunteer with Upward Basketball at Rose Drive Friends Church!
• Head Coach: Impact the lives of young athletes by volunteering as a Head Coach! All practice materials and equipment (practice schedule, drills, cones, and character lessons) will be provided. For the safety of all players, please note that all new head coaches will need to be background checked and fingerprinted at our cost. (Time commitment 3 hours/week: 1 hour practice, 1 hour game, 30 minute – 1 hour prep)
• Assistant Coach: Make a difference by helping the head coach lead the team. (Time commitment 2 hours/week)
• Referee: Help teach the game and enforce the rules. Anyone Jr High-age or older is welcome to help referee. This is a great opportunity for high schoolers looking to fulfill community service hours. All training and equipment is provided. (Saturdays commitment for 1+ hours/week)
• Evaluation Volunteer: The first impression a family has of their Upward league is at Evaluation Day. Help us ensure our league provides the most welcoming experience possible. Volunteer to run stations, welcome parents and athletes, run drills, and provide directions. (Evaluation Day is Saturday, November 13 in the Rose Drive Friends Church gym.)
• Game Day Commissioner: Game day provides a key opportunity to share about Christ at halftime or through other game day ministry opportunities.
• Scorekeeper: Help by keeping the time and score for Saturday games.
• Advertising: Help us reach more young athletes and their families by making our league known to the community. All resources will be provided.
• Prayer Partner: We need people who will be committed to pray each week for our season to change lives.