Water Baptism at Rose Drive Friends Church
What is Baptism?
The Bible teaches that we should be baptized in water in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. We believe in water baptism because Jesus himself modeled it for us. In the book of Luke, it says, “When all the people were baptized, Jesus was baptized too. As he was praying, heaven was opened.” Luke 3:21
• Baptism is a ceremony, an outward confession of an inward decision.
• Baptism comes from the word “baptize” which mean to immerse.
• Baptism represents a burial of the old way of life and mindset and is not a prerequisite to salvation.
• Baptism doesn’t get you into heaven. It announces to your friends you are headed to heaven.
• Baptism can be an important symbol in your life journey and an outward symbol of the work Jesus has already done in your life.
Are you interested in being baptized?
If so, register below to be informed about the next Water Baptism date.
Date and time to be determined.
Therefore, go and make disciple of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19