Andy Smith is a husband and father. Before joining the staff at Rose Drive Friends Church, Andy served as Executive, Next Gen, High School, Junior High and Children’s Pastor at three different churches in the southern Orange County Area. Andy has a “different” kind of DNA, you might say. He has to be around kids, around students, around people! He is constantly moving and seems to be everywhere at the same time! Andy, his wife, and three kids share an insane addiction to USC, Denver Broncos football, and of course, the LA Lakers!
RDFkidz is where it’s at! We teach and mentor kids to love God, love who God created them to be, and love people. We go BIG and bring your kids Bible teaching on their level with fun and encouraging activities that speak directly to them. To accomplish this, we have some of the best volunteers on the planet!
We believe that Sundays are the best days of the week!
Sundays at 9 and 10:30 AM:
Nursery care (birth-2 years) – Check in at the Nursery
Preschool (3 yrs – K) – Check in on the Children’s Patio
Elementary (1st – 5th) – Check in in the Bangarang Room (D108)
Please contact Kari Wallace, RDFkidz Children’s Director, for additional information.
1st & 2nd grade:
Our Sunday morning curriculum provides children in 1st & 2nd grade with a Sunday school experience filled with talk time and activities that open their hearts and minds to God’s Word and the love of Jesus as they form a foundation of faith. Children learn Bible stories through interactive storytelling with movable figures, apply the story theme to their own lives, and make crafts that match their growing fine motor skills. Scripture memorization is also emphasized. At home, children enjoy practicing their growing reading ability with Storytime, a take-home resource complete with the Bible story and a contemporary story about children their own age who model situations and behaviors in real life.
Older elementary kids want to “own” their relationship with Jesus.
They’re capable of:
• Taking steps to nurture a relationship with God on their own.
• Paying attention to what God is doing in and around them.
• Developing habits like prayer, worship, Bible reading, etc.
They learn by doing, not just listening to a message. And they love to play active games, participate in hands-on activities that are “cool,” and need to be a part of the learning process from beginning to end. Our curriculum is loaded with fun games and hands-on activities appropriate for 3rd – 5th graders.
HANGZ – for 4th & 5th Graders
Monday, October 19 & November 30 | 6:30-7:45 PM | Nikki’s Kitchen (5091 Richfield Dr., YL)
Hang with other 4th and 5th graders. Just show up with cash to buy some deliciousness. Invite your friends!
RDFkidz HALLOWEEN PARTY
Sunday, October 25 | 10:30 AM | Age 3 yrs – 5th Grade
Attention all Preschool and Elementary kids! Bring a friend and wear your Halloween costume to church! We’ll have costume contests, games, and lots of candy! Watch for more details!
Try a fun Bible memory challenge that will lay a foundation for a lifelong walk with God and love of His word. Click HERE for 66 short Bible verses which are perfect for kids to memorize (1 from every book!)
At Rose Drive Friends Church, child (and baby) dedications are a BIG DEAL for us. We see it as an expression of a parent’s desire to have their church family partner with them to raise Godly children. We want to support you as you walk in that massive calling. As a church, we consider it an honor, a HUGE honor, that you would want us to be a part of this incredible privilege.
Want to dedicate your child or learn more about child dedications? Here are your next steps:
- Questions? Contact our RDFkidz Director email@example.com.
- Our Children’s Pastor, Andy Smith, will call you to answer any other questions you might have.
- You will be writing a letter to your child. Pastor Andy will email you and discuss what that letter will look like.
RDFkidz baptisms are a life-changing experience for your kids, your family, and our church.
Want your child to experience baptism? Here are your next steps:
- Contact our Children’s Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the next date for our baptism class and interview for your child. The interview is a very brief and natural way for us to talk with your child about baptism, and help you determine if they are ready to be baptized.
- We will then send you home with a Baptism “Parent Guide” for you to go through with your child.
- If you have any other questions regarding RDFkidz baptisms, please reach out to our RDFkidz Director Kari Wallace at email@example.com.
Assistant Director of NextGen
Director of Nursery, Midweek & Moppets
|Sign up to Volunteer with RDFkidz!
Click the icon above to get started!