We believe that Sundays are the best days of the week!
Sundays at 9 & 10:30 AM:
Nursery (Birth – 2 years) – Check in at the Nursery
Preschool (3 yrs – K) – Check in on the Children’s Patio
Elementary (1st – 5th) – Check in at the Bangarang Room (D108)
Please contact Kari Wallace, RDFkidz Children’s Director, for additional information.
RDFkidz WINTER CAMP – for 3rd-5th grade students
January 19-21, 2024 | $225 | Forest Home
3rd – 5th graders are invited to experience a rockin’ weekend in the mountains like never before! Come up the mountain to Encounter Jesus, Experience Transformation, and Engage the World. Mark your calendar and register early to reserve your spot!
Our goal is to INCREASE your child’s awareness of three things:
• I am deeply loved by God and He made me for a special purpose.
• I belong to God and am a part is His Family (church)
• The Bible is God’s book and I can trust what it says.
1st & 2nd grade:
Our Sunday morning curriculum provides children in 1st & 2nd grade with a Sunday school experience filled with talk time and activities that open their hearts and minds to God’s Word and the love of Jesus as they form a foundation of faith. Children learn Bible stories through interactive storytelling with movable figures, apply the story theme to their own lives, and make crafts that match their growing fine motor skills. Scripture memorization is also emphasized. At home, children enjoy practicing their growing reading ability with Storytime, a take-home resource complete with the Bible story and a contemporary story about children their own age who model situations and behaviors in real life.
Older elementary kids want to “own” their relationship with Jesus.
They’re capable of:
• Taking steps to nurture a relationship with God on their own.
• Paying attention to what God is doing in and around them.
• Developing habits like prayer, worship, Bible reading, etc.
They learn by doing, not just listening to a message. And they love to play active games, participate in hands-on activities that are “cool,” and need to be a part of the learning process from beginning to end. Our curriculum is loaded with fun games and hands-on activities appropriate for 3rd – 5th graders.
At Rose Drive Friends Church, child (and baby) dedications are a BIG DEAL for us. We see it as an expression of a parent’s desire to have their church family partner with them to raise Godly children. We want to support you as you walk in that massive calling. As a church, we consider it an honor, a HUGE honor, that you would want us to be a part of this incredible privilege.
To dedicate a child at Rose Drive, parents who plan to participate in the dedication must attend the mandatory Child Dedication Class. To express interest in dedication or for questions, please contact our RDFkidz Director email@example.com.
Want your child to experience baptism? Here are your next steps:
- Contact our Children’s Pastor firstname.lastname@example.org to find out the next date for our baptism class and interview for your child. The interview is a very brief and natural way for us to talk with your child about baptism, and help you determine if they are ready to be baptized.
- We will then send you home with a Baptism “Parent Guide” for you to go through with your child.
- If you have any other questions regarding RDFkidz baptisms, please reach out to our RDFkidz Director Kari Wallace at email@example.com.
Andy Smith is a husband and father. Before joining the staff at Rose Drive Friends Church, Andy served as Executive, Next Gen, High School, Junior High and Children’s Pastor at three different churches in the southern Orange County Area. Andy has a “different” kind of DNA, you might say. He has to be around kids, around students, around people! He is constantly moving and seems to be everywhere at the same time! Andy, his wife, and three kids share an insane addiction to USC, Denver Broncos football, and of course, the LA Lakers!
RDFkidz is where it’s at! We teach and mentor kids to love God, love who God created them to be, and love people. We go BIG and bring your kids Bible teaching on their level with fun and encouraging activities that speak directly to them. To accomplish this, we have some of the best volunteers on the planet!
Sunday Nursery Director
|Sign up to Volunteer with RDFkidz!
Click the icon above to get started!