Due to State Indoor Sports Restrictions, Upward Basketball will not be offered this fall.
Please join us OUTSIDE on our sports field for our NEW, Fall Upward Soccer League.
The Upward Sports Leagues at Rose Drive Friends Church are for all families seeking a league that develops the total athlete Mentally, Athletically, Spiritually, and Socially. Upward Sports athletes grow in character, confidence, faith, and sportsmanship. We strive to promote and teach good sportsmanship and teamwork. Rose Drive Friends Church is one of many participating churches in a program that is available across the nation. For more information about Upward Sports, visit www.upward.org.
Fall 2020 Upward Outdoor Soccer League
We are excited to announce Upward Soccer at Rose Drive Friends Church this fall, with an outdoor, coed league for boys and girls in 1st-6th grade. All teams will practice and play outside this season on the Rose Drive Friends Church sports fields.
Dates: October 5 – November 21 (7 practices and 7 games)
• 1st/2nd Grade – Coed
• 3rd/4th Grade – Coed (If we have enough and even teams, we will form teams by gender.)
• 5th/6th Grade – Coed (If we have enough and even teams, we will form teams by gender.)
Teams will be limited to ten players. Please note that registration numbers will determine final grade division make-up.
Cost: $150 cost/player includes jersey, shorts, socks, window cling, stickers, water bottle and end-of-season gift. Siblings receive a $20 discount. (Shin guards are required, and cleats are recommended; neither is included in the registration fee.)
Online Registration is open through September 27!
Friend requests are welcomed and encouraged. Please use the carpool link or notes field when registering to alert us of your friend request. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
One-hour practices will begin the week of Monday, October 5, and could be held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday from 5:30-6:30 PM on the Rose Drive Friends Church sports field. Practices are once a week and include a half-time break for the team to come together and share a devotional. You may choose one day of the week that does not work for your schedule during registration.
One game per week: Scrimmage games will begin on Saturday, October 10, and occur weekly through November 21. All one-hour games are on Saturdays, ranging from 8 AM to 3 PM, and include a half-time devotional. Games are played on the Rose Drive Friends Church sports field. Due to COVID-19, teams will NOT compete against other teams – all game days will be team scrimmages. Game format for all divisions will be 5 v 5 with no goalies. Field dimensions will be approximately 30 yards x 20 yards.
Evaluations: There will be no player evaluations this year. Please do your best to select your appropriate uniform size during registration.
Coaches: Parents are welcome to sign up to coach. For the safety of all players, please note that all new head coaches will need to be background checked and fingerprinted at our cost. For additional information about coaching, please email email@example.com.
We will take every precaution to try and keep your child and family safe while they are at practices and games. Please note the following specific guidelines that will be implementing and that these guidelines are subject to change throughout the season, depending on State and CDC Guidelines.
• Guidelines: All State and CDC COVID-19 Guidelines will be followed. Signs will be posted with screening information based on these guidelines.
• Sickness: Coaches, players, and family members with a fever or other signs of illness should stay home from practices and/or games.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available around the field. Coaches and players should sanitize hands before entering and after leaving the field.
• Use of hands will be limited. There will be no goalies, we will have small goals, and kick-ins will be used instead of throw-ins. No high fives or hugging will be permitted; “air fives” and “foot shakes” will be encouraged.
• Volunteers will be limited. Coaches or team managers will act as referees during Saturday team scrimmages.
• Masks will be required for everyone, except the children when they are practicing and playing. All spectators must wear a mask upon leaving their seat.
• Water: Coaches and players should bring their own water bottles clearly labeled with their name. Please bring enough water as there are no available water fountains.
• Social Distancing: Please practice social distancing. Players are asked to do so as they come in and out of the field. (We understand that the players will not be social distancing at practice.) Coaches are asked to make sure players are spread out appropriately for huddles, line-ups, and devotions. All family members are asked to adhere to social distancing while attending any Upward Sports event. Please keep attendees to games and practice to a minimum. We will make every effort to “stagger” practices and games to reduce traffic concentration.
• Restrooms will be open at the field during practices and games. Please note that using these restrooms will be at your own risk. Please wash your hands and use personal hand sanitizer after using the restroom.
Assumption of Risk:
An inherent risk of exposure to diseases (including COVID-19) exists in any public place where people are present even with risk reduction procedures in place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. By participating in Upward Sports, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19 and will hold the church harmless in the event of contraction of the disease. Please click HERE for more information about COVID-19.
If the Federal, State or Local government or Rose Drive Friends Church decides that we must close, we will do so.
This is a recreational league, intended to be fun and educational. Friendly competition is welcome but outstanding sportsmanship from both players and spectators is expected at all times.
Please Note: All plans are subject to change as we move through these challenging times. The health and safety of your child(ren) is our priority. We will follow all guidelines that are available to us as we begin our youth sports leagues.
For additional questions, please email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.